have more than an event – have an experience
The Maumee Bay Conference Center features 7,504 square feet of function space within eight function rooms, each of which features breathtaking views of Lake Erie or scenic parklands. The 5,031-square-foot Grand Ballroom accommodates up to 400 guests, illuminated by natural lighting. The adjacent balcony with wonderful Lake Erie vistas is equally alluring for meeting breaks and celebrations. Outdoors, the 2,000-capacity Amphitheatre can be transformed for concerts and special events. We also can cater clambakes and barbecues in our outdoor dining venues. Maumee Bay is a picture-perfect setting for romantic weddings, whether a ceremony overlooking sparkling lake waters, or an elegant ballroom reception.
- 15 minutes from Toledo on Lake Erie
- 1 hour from Detroit
- Less than 2 hours from Cleveland
- 2½ hours from Columbus
rooms and amenities
- 120 guest rooms with private balconies on the shore of Lake Erie plus 24 2- and 4-bedroom cabins
- Telephone with voice mail & data port
- Free high-speed wireless internet
- In-room safes
- Iron and ironing board
- Refrigerators and coffee makers in all rooms
- Hospitality Suites/VIP rooms
- Accessible rooms
- Pet-friendly accommodations available
- Cable TV & central air – all units
- Concierge & Bell Services (Seasonal)
- Airport transportation (Fee)
- Gift Shop
- 7,504 Sq. Ft. of Function Space
- 8 function rooms
- Amphitheater & outdoor venues
- Lake Erie or Parkland Views
- Events up to 400 guests
- Professional Meeting Planners
- Full Service Catering
- Spouse & Children’s Activities
- Group Meeting Packages
- Wireless Internet Access
- On-Site Audiovisual
At Maumee Bay Conference Center, we pride ourselves on providing a beautiful atmosphere, fantastic culinary choices and extraordinary service for all types of meetings and special events. We’re also pleased to recommend local businesses in Toledo and the surrounding area that are ready to assist you in creating a unique and successful event.
For your consideration, we’ve provided a list of planning essentials:
Direct bill, credit card authorization and tax exemption information
Meeting room diagrams, specifications, and layouts
Conference Services Guidelines
The following guidelines and procedures help us ensure complete satisfaction with your event. Please contact our Sales & Catering Department for any special arrangements.
Please adhere to the agreed function schedule as other groups may be utilizing the same room prior to or following your event. Should your needs change, contact your Catering Sales Manager and every effort will be made to accommodate your requests. The seating capacity in the meeting rooms will vary depending on set-up, equipment and/or displays, head table, dance floor or other requirements. In order to maintain the quality and appearance of our facilities, stapling, tacking and taping to wall coverings or wood surfaces is prohibited. Please consult with our banquet staff regarding your requirements.
All banquet and meeting-related charges are subject to one master bill. All no-shows will be included in the master billing. Prior credit may be established upon completion of a credit application and approval by Xanterra Parks & Resorts®. We reserve the right to request all or part of the bill prior to the function. Functions must be paid for in advance or at conclusion of such event unless direct billing status has been applied for and approved 10 days prior to your function. Full payment of all group charges incurred are due and payable 10 days from the billing date and are subject to a 2% per month service charge on any outstanding balance.
Tax-exempt status will be granted if furnished with documentation 10 days prior to your event. Ohio laws require that the tax-exempt organization remit all monies on the tax-exempt billing. Local bed tax and sales tax on alcoholic beverages are not subject to exemption. We cannot offer tax-exempt status to anyone paying with a personal check or credit card.
Liability for any damages incurred by conference attendees or guests at any resort facilities are the responsibility of the organization booking the event and will be billed accordingly. The resort is not responsible for the security of or delivery/pickup of equipment, displays, printed material or any other items necessary for any function. Please consult with our Sales & Catering Manager for additional information.
Guestroom Policies & Guidelines
Following are rooms-related policies and procedures for our groups.
Group Arrival List
Maumee Bay Lodge & Conference Center must receive a group arrival list indicating all individuals with room reservations no later than 30 days prior to the actual arrival date. The list should indicate whether an individual will be alone or sharing accommodations with someone (name of second occupant required). This arrival list is critical to the prompt execution of your check-in and the lodge’s ability to provide you with the best accommodations available. We appreciate your cooperation.Failure to receive this information within the 30-day timeframe may result in automatic cancellation of your reservation.
- Guest(s) must be employed by a department, company, etc. that is exempt from sales tax in Ohio.
- Guest(s) must be paying for the guestroom with a check from the company, a business listed as sales tax exempt in Ohio on the exemption form.
- Guest(s) must bring the sales tax exemption form with them and present it to reservation agent at the time of check-in. To expedite the check-in process, please fax your sales tax exemption form with your name, confirmation number, and arrival date to the sales office at least 1 day prior to checking in.
- Form must be completely filled out and current.
- Guest(s) are only exempt from the sales tax imposed by the state of Ohio, which varies in each county, and cannot be exempt from the lodging tax imposed by the hotel.
Audio Visual & Technical Services
Whether you’re hosting an over-the-top evening, or a small intimate event, Maumee Bay State Park Lodge offers on-site audio visual services to fulfill your group’s needs. Several cost-effective packages are offered, from technical assistance with your own equipment to rental of our Lumen LCD Projectors. We work in conjunction with Markey’s Audio Visual to meet your equipment needs, and for your convenience, all orders will be placed with your Catering Sales Manager. Download Audio Visual Menu (PDF).
*The prices listed are per day, per item and do not include Lucas County sales tax. For any item not listed, please consult with your Catering Sales Manager.
Maumee Bay Lodge & Conference Center is pleased to recommend local Toledo businesses to assist you in creating a unique and memorable event. For more information, please contact the company directly or email our sales and catering staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A1 Accurate Limo
- Birmingham Limousine
- Limo Toledo & Trolley
Music, Games & Entertainment
- The Class Act by Bob Norris
- Decorative Sounds
- Ultimate Nights
- Impact Fun Company
- Ultra Sound
- Harpist Denise Grupp-Verbon
- Millenius String Quartet
Decor & More
- Candlelight Occasions
- Meredith Party Rentals
- I Do Chair Covers
- Smart Girl Chair Covers
- Ice Creations
- Markey’s Audio Visual
- Bartz Vivano Flowers & Gifts
- Beautiful Blooms by Jen
- Blue Martini Photography
- Grand LuBell Photography
- JEM Photography
- TJ Irwin Photography
Cakes & Pastries
- Maumee Bay Lodge by Ann Carter
contact catering sales
- Eston’s Bakery 419.474.7222
- Thrush’s Pastry Shoppe
- Wixey Bakery 419.382.6684
- Joyce Kachenmeister
- Toledo Wedding Officiates
Professional Wedding Planners
Contact our Sales Office: